1st BME Global Pharma Supply Chain Congress in Frankfurt/Main
The forum takes place from 22nd to 25th February 2016. Main theme at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel is “Innovative patient-centric supply chain models to improve access to medicines worldwide“.
Global Supply Chain Leaders of the world’s most important pharma companies will gather on the 1st BME Global Pharma Supply Chain Congress. Europe’s pioneering pharma supply chain networking forum takes place at the Frankfurt Marriott Hotel from 22nd to 25th February 2016 under the main theme “Innovative patient-centric supply chain models to improve access to medicines worldwide“.
The program includes some of today’s hottest supply chain topics, such as:
- Leading edge supply chain practices, e.g. end-to-end supply chain integration, market segmentation strategies & horizontal and vertical collaboration
- Distribution excellence as a key driver for commercial success
- How supply chain can add true value for the patients and contribute to top-line growth
In addition, the congress has a special focus on “Global Health” and the crucial role of pharma supply chain in securing access to medicines for patients worldwide. With tangible global health initiatives that will be discussed on this congress, pharma companies are showing that they are ready and willing to assume their responsibility for the well-being of humanity.
Congress host is the BME, Europe’s leading non-profit industry association for supply chain management, purchasing and logistics.
Snapshot of participating pharma companies to date: AstraZenca, Baxter, Bayer Healthcare, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Ferring, Lilly, MSD Sharp & Dohme, Merck KGaA, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Sandoz, Teva, UCB, Queisser Pharma.
“With more than 60% of the industry participants owning an SVP, VP or Head of job title, this congress provides the perfect opportunity for global pharma supply chain top executives to enjoy a high-quality peer-to-peer networking with other key industry leaders”, stressed Dr. Christoph Feldmann, CEO of BME in Frankfurt.
What else makes this event unique?
- From the industry for the industry: The congress has been designed by 16 global supply chain leaders deriving from the world’s best pharma companies.
- Multi-stakeholder approach: Holistic view on pharma supply chain management includes all internal and external key stakeholders.
- Cross-industry stimulation: Speakers and experts from best-in-class industries share their supply chain best practices and case studies.
- Outstanding social program: Field trips, pre-evening reception, networking dinner and “grow-your-talent” tables will make it an unforgettable experience.
All confirmed speakers to date rank among the topleading supply chain executives and global health experts:
- Dr. Ulrich Glas, Corporate SVP Supply Network & Lifecycle Management, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Susanne Hundsbæk-Pedersen, SVP Devices & Supply Chain Management, Novo Nordisk
- Christopher Game, Chief Procurement and Supply Chain Officer, The Global Fund
- Sheila Tlou, Director UNAIDS & former Health Minister of Botswana
- Cheryl Dhillon, SVP Supply Chain & Corporate Project Management, Otsuka Pharmaceuticals
- Alessandro de Luca, SVP Global Supply Network Operations, Merck
- Hans Ehm, Head of Supply Chain Innovations, Infineon
- Dessislava Dimitrova, Associate Director Healthcare, World Economic Forum
Premium Partner Camelot
Camelot Management Consultants, one of the leading strategy consultancies for integrated value chain management, is the exclusive knowledge partner for this event. “The changes in the product portfolio of research-based pharmaceutical industry make traditional supply chain models become a phase-out model. Integrated end-to-end-strategies with wider patient-centric structures along the entire value added chain are in demand”, stressed Dr. Josef Packowski, CEO of Camelot Management Consultants and premium partner of the 1st BME Global Pharma Supply Chain Congress in Frankfurt.
Partner Country Portugal
Portugal is the partner country for the 1st BME Global Pharma Supply Chain Congress, and the BME is proud to announce the Portuguese Health Minister Fernando Leal da Costa as one of the keynote speakers. The country itself is widely recognized as a high‐quality supplier of healthcare products and services, meeting the highest quality standards regarding the development, manufacturing, and supply of Pharmaceutical products. Located on the West Coast of Europe, Portugal is also a privileged European logistics platform due to its closeness to Africa and the Americas.
Program available at: www.bme.de/pscc
We will be delighted to welcome you as a press representative at the 1st BME Global Pharma Supply Chain Congress and we look forward to meeting you in Frankfurt.