Since 1986, the BME promotes several awards for the development of innovative concepts which bring sustained improvements in the efficiency of purchasing and logistics.
The "BME Innovation Award" is open to companies operating in the industrial, distributive trade and service sectors. The concept submitted must have been implemented in practice and have made a permanent contribution to the company's success.
Entries may be made in German or English and need to complete an Information form. An independent jury will assess the entries and shortlist the best concepts. The companies with the most innovative solutions will be invited to make a presentation in Frankfurt.
Winner in 2015: Airbus Group
In 2015, the prize was related to Airbus Group, who has been awarded for the repositioning of its corporate procurement. The ceremony took place on the 50th BME-Symposium in Berlin.
Previous award winners:
- 2014 R+V Versicherung
- 2013 Dräxlmaier Group
- 2012 Deutsche Bahn AG
- 2011 MGL METRO GROUP Logistics GmbH
- 2011 ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- 2010 Schott AG
- 2009 Rothe Erde GmbH
- 2008 Landesbank Baden-Württemberg (LBBW)
- 2007 Claas KGaA
- 2006 Rehau Polymer Solutions
- 2005 DaimlerChrysler AG
- 2004 Gildemeister AG
- 2003 Siemens AG (Siemens ICN)
- 2002 Bayer AG (Bayer Business Services)
- 2001 Miele & Cie. GmbH & Co.
- 2000 Veba Oel Verarbeitungs GmbH
- 1999 BMW Rolls Royce
- 1998 Flughafen Frankfurt/Main AG
- 1998 Mannesmann Sachs AG
- 1997 Preussag AG
- 1997 Siemens AG (ASI)
- 1996 T-Mobil (Deutsche Telekom Mobil-Net GmbH)
- 1994 Deutsche Bank AG / Roland Berger & Partner GmbH
- 1990 Pfanni-Werke / Otto Eckart GmbH
- 1988 BK Ladenburg Benckiser-Knapsack GmbH
- 1986 Osram GmbH